Manu Biosphere Reserve protects a greater number of plant and animal species than any other such South American park (with the exception of remote Madidi in Bolivia).
• The list includes 1,000 species of birds, more than 200 species of mammals (100 of which are bats), and 15,000 species of flowering plants.
• The Manu National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most important National Parks in South America.
• Within the Park are all of the ecological zones that exist in the Amazon Basin, as the Park ranges in altitude from 150 to 4200 metres.
• It is the largest National Park in Peru, covering an area of 15,328 km².
• Manu benefits from easy access by plane to both Lima and Cuzco.
There are a number of Jungle Lodges and Tours described below to cater for all tastes and budgets, from the general visitor to the specialist enthusiast, from “Back to Basics” to Luxury Air Conditioned Lodges.
Peru Jungle Expeditions
G.Barron Nº 3816
Manu Biosphere Reserve is one of the best places for your experience of the Amazon Jungle because: